- Watch Robyn meet the Swedish robot built in her honor. #robotuprising #robynuprising -Stereogum
- Family Guy killed off a main character last night. To avoid spoilers, I will not tell you which character it was, but I will say that it was the dog character. -AnimationDomination
- New Sherlock season three trailer, you guys! -THR
- Over at Slate, they figured out the most commonly used words and sentences in The Hunger Games, Twilight, and Harry Potter. They are about what you’d expect! (“I sighed. He sighed. I shrugged. I frowned.”) -Slate
- James Franco and Seth Rogen remade the video for “Bound 2.” -Vulture
- MGM is remaking Road House with the director of Alex Cross. MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN ITS FAVOR! -FilmDrunk
- John Stamos and a puppy. -Dlisted
- Boardwalk Empire ended, and apparently people aren’t happy about it. Or maybe they are just sad about it? I don’t know! Did you watch it?! You tell me! -DeathAndTaxes
- And finally, in case you aren’t sick of it, do you want to watch a video about the filming of Breaking Bad‘s? “tread lightly” scene? Be my guest! -/Film
Did you think that Mario Batali, mega-successful chef, host of The Chew, pro-choice supporter, and Croc enthusiast, was going to let something like the thoughtful discontinuation of terrible nightmare-orange Crocs knock him off his terrible nightmare-orange Croc game? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This guy eats problems like the discontinuation of his nightmare-orange colored Crocs FOR BREAKFAST! (Just kidding, I bet he eats delicious breakfast pasta.) From Details, via Uproxx:
Details: Ever gonna give up the Crocs?
Mario Batali: Got something better?
Details: How many pairs do you own now?
Mario Batali: Probably 30. I just ordered 200 more because they’re about to take orange out of the field. They made a special run for me before they retired the color.
Details: How do you feel about that?
Mario Batali: They’re gonna stop the Mario Batali orange! It’s preposterous! But they’re doing pretty well without me. Nothing lasts forever, baby.
Hahaha. Exactly the way the word “preposterous” is intended to be used. Actually, I think along with the addition of adding “selfie,” this year the OED is changing the definition of “preposterous” to “When the company that makes Crocs discontinues the awful orange color they used to make.” Very specific, but at least people won’t get confused! MARIO BATALI, YOU STAY HARD ON YOUR CROC GAME! YOU GOT THIS! #200CROCS
“Oh, gross. That guy? Did he say I was his girlfriend? Listen, I mean — thanks for coming to me before you said anything about it, but that guy, Satan or whatever his name is, is not my boyfriend. Does that ruin your story? I’m sorry if you planned a whole story around a single mom in a relationship with Satan, or something like that. Maybe you can do a story about the Charles Manson thing? I don’t know. I mean, that thing is kind of dumb, too, and I’m not an editor or anything — I’m not trying to, like, give you an assignment, haha. But, no. He calls me pretty much constantly, and I know that he really likes me, and that’s sweet, I guess, but ahhhhhhh…I guess he’s just not my type. (To put it nicely.) Plus, all of the calling really seems like a red flag. You don’t want to get into a relationship with an emotionally unstable person, or a possessive person, or anything like that. It’s sweet that he clearly likes me, but no — Satan is not my boyfriend.” – You
[Ed. Note: Jenny Nelson is a writer, student, and -- most importantly -- Videogum intern. She'll be taking us through this season of Saturday Night Live.]
What’s YOUR favorite Josh Hutcherson story? That guy is always in the media, whether it’s because Jennifer Lawrence is passing by during an on carpet interview to ask him how his rash is doing or a news source has figured out that Jennifer Lawrence is Hutcherson’s first big-screen kiss, or Jennifer Lawrence spilled mints next to him at a press conference. But even though Josh Hutcherson will always live in his co-star’s shadow, very much like how it is with Peeta and Katniss (JK, I would not know if that’s how it is because I saw the first movie once and was only half paying attention), he seems like a very likable and cute person. Are “likable” and “cute” enough qualifiers to make you a great host of Saturday Night Live? Let’s find out together!
(The continued uploading of trampoline accidents to YouTube.com.) (Via SayOMG.)
After the jump, the five Highest Rated comments, as voted on by you, the Lowest Rated comment, the winner of the Jennifer Lawrence’s Mint Spill Caption Contest, and the Editor’s Choice.
Well, we made it. We made it to not quite the end of the day, but almost the end of the day. Even though it might not have seemed like it sometimes, I always knew that we would. To celebrate, why not take a GIF down @memorylane? Hmmm? And watch some GIFs from some stuff that we talked about during the week? HMMMM? There are GIFs of that baby falling down from the beginning of the week! Remember her? Come on, let’s go!