- Remember when we talked about how the upcoming season of the Real World was going to feature ex-girlfriends and -boyfriends of the roommates? You remember. It seemed like it was going to be very bad? Well, they released a trailer! -MTV
- Mike White has a new comedy in development at HBO. -Indiewire
- Leonardo DiCaprio is producing a biopic about the early career of Calvin and Hobbes creator Bill Watterson without Bill Watterson’s involvement. -Uproxx
- John Mulaney was on The Pete Holmes Show last night, and his interview was fun if you’d like to watch it? In case you like fun? -Splitsider
- Speaking of watching and speaking of fun, you can now watch the first episode of Tim and Eric’s new JASH show, Dr. Wareheim. -JASH
- Don’t go number two in your pants or anything, but a Sherlock mini-episode is going to be available to watch on Christmas day. -RadioTimes
- Aww, Mrs. Thor stood in for Natalie Portman during Thor 2‘s final kissing scene. Maybe she can answer the question for me about Natalie Portman’s clothing. Is it the buttons? Do they use smaller buttons?! -Dlisted
- “Meet Lizzie and Wendy: Bob’s Burgers Hilarious Sister Writing Duo.” (Do!) (Do meet them!) -KQED
You just can’t argue with something that is delightful. (Via LaughingSquid.)
We haven’t had an entry into the Porno Switcheroo Archives in a few months, but any student of the Porno Switcheroo knows that that doesn’t mean embarrassing switcheroos haven’t been happening. No, no, no, no, no. It means only that local news sources haven’t had the resources to report on the many Porno Switcheroos that happen in their towns every day — porn shown rather than a campaign video at the worst moment in a political rally, babysitters misjudging where the children’s tapes are kept, students seeing Butt Genies Vol. 4 after being called to the gym for an assembly on drunk driving. The switcheroos are out there, always, and that is why we do our best to highlight them when they are brought to public attention. These stories need to be told! Today’s is a classic porno instead of a children’s movie switch-up, in front of an audience in Pinellas Park, Florida. From My Fox Tampa Bay:
I promise you that no one wants to have a pillow fight with you on the street. (And if you’ve seen any of the Transporter movies you will know that Rule #4 is to never make a promise that you cannot keep.) This will be tough to hear, but you aren’t injecting a bit of fun into someone’s dull routine. You aren’t spreading joy both with the person you encounter and with the people who will find and share your video on-line. (Believe me, I wish I didn’t have to be the one to tell you this. I truly wish that anyone else did!) It’s easy the believe that everyone interprets the world the way that you do, and it is difficult to step outside of your mind and heart and try to view a situation through someone else’s (much more reasonable, in this case!) eyes — I understand that. And that is why I’m writing you this letter. Take a deep breath. I want you to know that you are disrupting someone who is minding their own business, and just trying to get through the day they were given. Do they fight back with the pillow you provide them? Sure. They have been forced into an odd and uneasy situation — they are nonplussed, you haven’t given them the time to form an exit strategy. They are not having fun. We are not having fun. “ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?” No. This isn’t your fault. Just kidding. Yes it is. Stop it!
PS: Bed bugs.
“Mommy, if you named me after Grandma Jane, why did Grandma Jane name you Skyler?” “Well, sweets, a long time ago there was a television show called Breaking Bad on a channel known for its interesting dramas. It was about a daddy and a mommy who needed money to fund the daddy’s cancer treatments, so the daddy — unbeknownst to the mommy — started cooking and selling methamphetamine. The daddy’s methamphetamine was soooo yummy that everybody wanted it, and he was making a lot of money. Eventually the mommy found out about that the daddy was in the drug trade because the daddy had two cell phones — ah, well, you know — it’s kind of a long story, honey, but the mommy was named Skyler. Everyone on the Internet hated her because she was a strong woman who stood up for herself and for her family.” Scene. (People are naming their babies Skyler, and also names from Homeland and Game of Thrones, which sounds JUST like people.) From The Independent:
Have you submitted your Gummy Awards ballot yet? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! Polls close today at 12PM EST and voting gives you a chance to win the ten best reader-chosen albums on vinyl, which is a very good deal if you have a record player, and if you don’t have a record player maybe can just ask your aunt if she has one that she isn’t using?, she probably does!, so get going!
Mmmmmm mmmm. Really reminds you of macaroni, and eating macaroni. Yum. (Via reddit.)
Guy Fieri with what is, I guess, a balloon version of Guy Fieri in what looks like a bookstore? His balloon eyes representing sunglasses, but looking more like nightmare bug eyes? Holding I don’t know what? A hot dog? A butt, kind of? Chicken breast? Is that what you’re looking at today? Because that’s the best I’ve got on my end! Just this photo of Guy Fieri with a balloon version of Guy Fieri, a bunch of tumbleweeds, some stuff about how they’re making two 50 Shades of Grey movies, one NC-17 and one R, and some leftover dirty garbage about fake Twitter airplane wars or whatever. Are you asleep? Is everyone asleep? What’s up? Did any celebs go to the grocery store and buy bulk Snapple today, that you know of? Let me know! PLEASE! I AM SNOOZIN FROM ALL THIS LACK OF “NEWZIN.” (Photo via RatsOff!)