As you may know, James Franco has taken some time off from making girls cry to get his MFA in creative writing. From all the schools? Dude is enrolled at too many schools. How many schools do you need to go to to learn how to Write Down the Bones? In any case, it seems like a waste of time anyway, or more of a waste of time than usual (“grad students are the worst”), since he’s already sold his first book. From FOX News (via HuffPost):
Franco has sold a collection of short stories to the Scribner imprint of Simon & Schuster. His powerhouse agent, Richard Abate, of Endeavor, confirmed it yesterday.
This is great news for Franco, who’s enrolled in the graduate creative writing department at New York University and is also taking writing classes at Columbia…
It’s unknown how much Scribner’s paid, or when the book will be published.
Well played, Franco. You’re a regular Jhumpa Lahiri! After the jump, we have an EXCLUSIVE first look at the Table of Contents!
- A Pair of Milk Stockings
- A Cask of Annapolisillado
- An Occurrence at Pineapple Express Bridge
- The Spider-Man They Carried
- The Freaks And Geek’s Black Veil
- A Clean Well-Lighted Spider-Man
- A Perfect Day for Bananafish (and Spider-Man)
- The Garden of Forking Spider-Man
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Spider-Man
Write what you know.