After the jump, the five Highest Rated comments, as voted on by you, the Lowest Rated comment, the winner of the Jennifer Lawrence’s Mint Spill Caption Contest, and the Editor’s Choice.

This Week’s Highest Rated Comments

#5 Mr. Tumnus | Nov 19th Score:26
“We are free! The long winter of our entrapment is at an end,” think the mints. “Alas, our doom is that we carry within us a winter from which there is no escape, the Winter Freshness of our nature.” As one, they consider the approaching floor upon which they will scatter. Soon the tenuous bonds of consciousness allowing them these last few moments of introspection will be broken forever. “As mints we were born and as mints we shall be crushed underfoot. O, the world is a vampire in winter!”
Posted in: The Videogum Why Don’t YOU Caption It?! Contest: Jennifer Lawrence’s Mint Spill
#4 Carmen Petaccio | Nov 19th Score:27
“I Mento do that.” -Your wife/Jennifer Lawrence
#3 R2D2, Esq. | Nov 20th Score:28
Let’s suppose, for a moment, that his sheer good looks and raw sex appeal are the tops. Ok? Now, while we’re supposing this, let’s close our eyes and listen to some Maroon 5. Can these possibly be the sounds made by the sexiest man alive? I submit that they are not.
Posted in: Adam Levine Is The Sexiest Man Alive?
#2 pickpocket | Nov 19th Score:33
On the first day of class, Mr. Franco walked into the room and said, “This course will consist of one assignment, and one assignment only. That assignment…is to try to catch me,” and ran out of the room laughing. We thought he was joking, but he never came back the whole semester.
Posted in: Rating Your Professor, James Franco
#1 Bookface | Nov 19th Score:39
“So good.” – review of Professor James Franco by real student Frames Janco.

[Ed. Note: Hahaha, congratulations, Bookface! Good one. So sorry to Carmen that he wrote such a similar caption to the caption that ended up winning the caption contest. But hey, you still did a great job and you're still in the top five, and those two things are all that matters. You guys are funny, okay, congrats, have a good weekend, love you, bye!]

This Week’s Lowest Rated Comment

catweazle | Nov 21st Score:-3
Obviously A Christmas Puppy is the greatest (worst) puppy-themed straight-to-Netflix holiday movie.
Posted in: The Videogum Holiday Movie Club!

[Ed. Note: I guess this is downvoted because of the parenthetical? Looks like we've got some real A Christmas Puppy fans in here!]

This Week’s Caption Contest Winner

R2D2, Esq. | Nov 19th Score:32
“Haha, yeah, I totally mint to do that.”

[Ed. Note: Congratulations, R2D2, Esq.! You earned it.]

This Week’s Editor’s Choice

catweazle | Nov 18th Score:22
I don’t even know guys but I spent all the time to make this so now you have to look at it.

Posted in: Leonardo DiCaprio Is Out There Enjoying Fall

[Ed. Note: A+.]

Comments (39)
  1. And A Christmas Puppy continues to ruin lives…

2. R2′s comment is my favorite of the week, specially because I picture Matthew Mcconaughey saying it at the end of A Time To Kill.

• Thanks!

Even though I fucked it up and it would have been better (grammatically and stylistically) had I written “I submit that they cannot”. That’s been bugging me for days, no joke.

3. Yay Mr. Tumnus! In the ball! And yay to all of the ballers. You guys are keepin’ me happy. <3<3

4. Holy crap! TUMNUS GOT INTO THE BALL! I was so fixated on the caption contest that it didn’t even occur to me that he might. It took almost a year but he finally did it!

Alas, having serving the purpose for which the universe had designed him, I’m saddened to report that Mr. Tumnus was flattened by a meteorite during his lunch break. On a positive note, he was eating pizza. It had capicolli and feta on it, so he died with a smile.

• Dear me, that chunk of flaming stone nearly took my head clean off! A close shave indeed. (Also, I do not wish to embarrass you, Mr. Spiderfire-Monk, but I believe there is a typographical error in your comment.)

My dear friends, I find myself conflicted. Never in my wildest dreams did I believe it possible that I might gain entry into your Monsters’ Gala. No, I have been content to linger outside in the snow, my ears tuned to catch whatever scraps of conversation and music happened to fall from the brilliant windows above, drinking shampayn from an imaginary glass. But now-! I find my stomach recoiling from the mere idea of more intangible shampayn. I fear I cannot go back.

I have never been a competitive Fau- I mean, Human afflicted with a Palsy of the Cerebrum, particularly when I cannot fathom the rules of the game, as is the case with the sport of Upward Thumbs being played here. But I feel a hunger driving me onward and upward. I find this type of disproportionate ambition most indecorous and demeaning but in this instance I lack the will to resist it.

So, in that reluctant spirit, I have chose to assume a new identity on Videogum Dot Com. Since you so enjoyed the manner in which I brought to life the tragic plight of Miss Lawrence’s mints, henceforth I shall be posting my comments and reflections in the character of “mints.” Please do not refer to me as Mr. Tumnus when I am in this guise; it will only weaken the spell I am attempting to weave, thus lessening the number of upward thumbs I receive. As I have seen it quoted several times, the Internet is serious business.

Farewell, my friends. Please join me in welcoming to the stage… mints!

5. Woo-hoo, pretty decent week, guys. Lots of laughs. And this weekend is going to be full of fun, and I’m kicking it off in about 45 minutes by volunteering at an event featuring Bridget Lancaster from America’s Test Kitchen. There might be pie!

6. I worked so many hours this week. Thank you all for making it fun. Now I’m going watch a bunch of teenagers and grown ups kill each other in an arena and eat popcorn and also I am going buy a table. AND TOMORROW? DOCTOR WHO. This is going to be an amazing weekend!!! Totally made my boulder rolling up that hill worth it.

7. It’s Friday check out this cool new dance

8. If hating A Christmas Puppy is wrong, I don’t want to be right!

9. “Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” – Last lyrics of the Entourage theme song to fully capture my celebratory spirit!

10. Wait, Adam Levine is supposed to be the sexiest man alive? I must have missed that post, but that’s really weird. Doesn’t he just look like a generic videogame character? What am I missing, fans-of-the-fellas? Is it his moves? Are they comparable to Mick Jagger’s moves?

11. So I just found out that Doctor Who series 7 is on OnDemand, so I’m getting caught up this weekend. Which means I won’t be watching the 50th at the same time as everyone, but still!!! I’m excited!

12. Just wanted to check in to report that the mint industry is up this week! The president of Mentos called to say thanks to Jennifer Lawrence and the monsters for making it all happen. President Mento also wanted to extend sympathy to the other Jennifer for her tough week, but that she should remember, just a week ago, things weren’t looking so fresh in the world of mints. It can all turn around. Have a great weekend and always eat mints!

13. I just drank four glasses of sangria at a convention then came back to the office and watched that video about the awesome kids supporting Danny. This day is a real roller coaster.