Not long ago, waiting an extra year for the final half of the final season of one of television’s best dramas could have seemed, for some, like the worst life-ruining nightmare that the devil could have ever forced upon us. Now, as we currently “enjoy” the final episodes of Breaking Bad that we would have otherwise already “enjoyed” a year ago, we might feel differently. (Like, uh, maybe we shouldn’t watch TV at all, because it makes us feel terrible!) Maybe it’s good, or at least okay, if TV is spread out a little. Maybe you wish Mad Men were going to be treated the same way? Maybe GOOD NEWS? From the LA Times:
“Mad Men” fans will have a bit longer to say goodbye to Don Draper.
Following a trend set by “Breaking Bad,” the seventh and final season of “Mad Men” will air in two, seven-episode halves, AMC announced Tuesday. The first half of the season, dubbed “The Beginning,” will air in spring 2014. The second, “The End of an Era,” will air in spring 2015. …
Series creator and showrunner Matthew Weiner expressed enthusiasm about the storytelling potential of the two-part final season.
“We plan to take advantage of this chance to have a more elaborate story told in two parts, which can resonate a little bit longer in the minds of our audience,” he said. “The writers, cast and other artists welcome this unique manner of ending this unique experience.”
This will also mean that the final season of Mad Men won’t have to compete with the second half of the final season of Breaking Bad at the Emmys, which, of course, is at the top of all of our lists of concerns. So, what do you think? Do you want your TV nowwwwww-uhhh? Are you in a tantrum? Oh my god. Are you okay? Wait, are you yawning? Or, hold on, is it all so far into the future that you honestly don’t even want to think about it? HELLO?