This evening, beloved comedy 30 Rock comes to an end after seven seasons with a two part, hourlong finale, and from a quick survey of the Internet it seems like the whole thing is already on hold at its iTherapist’s office about it. “I know tomorrow will come- Like, I’m sure it will be there when I open my eyes, but I don’t know how it’s going to feel, and I’ve just gotten so attached to these Liz Lemon infographics, and I guess the best way I can explain it is BLERG!” -The Internet, not even talking to anyone yet because it is still on hold. And it is sad! Kinda! It’s sad when good things end, and it’s sad when we have to say goodbye to our fictional friends and to something we could previously count on to bring us a tiny bit of joy in this difficult world. BELIEVE ME. But one thing we have to remember is that you just can’t stop this world from spinning, life goes on and Tina Fey will make more things, and there are lots of other wonderful comedies on TV, and we’ll always have GIFs, and most importantly you have to remember that we still have tonight. We should celebrate having new 30 Rock episodes in front of our eyeballs while we can, with, obviously, a drinking gaaaaaaaame!
Drink every time:
- Liz Lemon says one of her classic Liz Lemon exclamations (“blerg!” “nerds!” etc.) for what could possibly be the last time.
- Liz and Jack have a genuinely sweet moment.
- Something is referenced from much earlier in the series and you remember what it was like to have so much 30 Rock in your future rather than your past.
- Liz and Criss interact with their new kids and you can just tell how they’re going to have their little quirks, for sure, and they’re going to learn a lot about each other in the next few years, but that they’re going to be great parents.
- You look over at someone you’re watching it with and they are crying.
- Jack gets some kind of closure and you’re happy for him.
- You notice how white Jane Krakowski’s teeth are.
- There is an allusion to another television show’s series finale.
- Jack wears a suit and you’re like, “Aw, man. I’m going to miss seeing Jack in a suit!”
- Kenneth is shown as being good at his new job as network head.
- There is a special guest star and it is Nancy Pelosi
- There is a special guest star and it is someone other than Nancy Pelosi.
- You see a commercial for 1600 Penn.
And, as always, please do not play this drinking game. Enjoy 30 Rock responsibly. R.I.P. show, not R.I.P. you.