It was announced today that the FOX network has picked up a daytime talk show from Kris Jenner, the wonderful matriarch of the Kardashian family, for a test run this summer. What delightful news! This is particularly exciting because one thing America def needs is another talk show. There simply are not enough talk shows, but this is at least a step in the right direction. From Deadline:
The program, produced by Twentieth Television, is a pop culture driven talk show filmed in Los Angeles. It will feature celebrity guests, fashion & beauty trends; plus a mix of lifestyle topics. “This is something I have wanted to do all my life so it’s definitely a dream come true!,” said Jenner who will serve as executive producer.
“Whether offering real advice to her family or sharing personal moments with viewers, Kris is honest, compelling, entertaining, and unscripted – all excellent qualities for a daytime talk show host,” said Stephen Brown, EVP of Development & Programming, Twentieth TV. Added Frank Cicha, SVP of Programming, Fox Television Stations, “Wouldn’t be summer without at least one test, would it?”
Strong praise. Wouldn’t be summer without at least one test, would it, INDEED. But so, OK, she has a talk show, but now we have to wonder: what is she going to talk about?!
We got our hands on the REAL list of some of the exciting new shows first topics:
- Isn’t raising a child into a decent human being impossible?!
- How much plastic surgery is not enough?
- Cleanse? Cleanse.
- Everyone hates their husband so much, right?
- But we have to stay with him because of the cameras?
- How to borrow clothes from your teenage daughters!
- Why is it illegal to marry a mirror and what we can do to change these cruel laws!
- Me, though, right? I know!
- Mail Bag: Kris answers your questions about living with Stage 4 Self-Satisfaction.
- Would you hit it?
Really looking forward to this talk show and hope that its incredible success provides us with much needed more talk shows!