In the spirit of the previous Best New Party Game in which you wrote the plot of a movie backwards in order to win all the fun (ex: if you watch Pretty Woman backwards, it’s about a rich woman whose boyfriend makes her become a prostitute) this one is even easier to play. You basically just reduce the plot of a movie to a few salient points to make it sound really dull and disappointing. A few examples from Postmodern Barney, the game’s creator (via BuzzFeed):
- Alien: Ship fails to deliver cargo, crew don’t get bonus.
- Blade Runner: Man with no apparent skill stumbles into escaped robots, fails to kill most, fucks one.
- Die Hard: Dysfunctional cop saves marriage by murdering foreign national.
- Groundhog Day: Misanthropic creep exploits space/time anomaly to stalk coworker.
- Jurassic Park: Theme park’s grand opening pushed back.
I’ll go first:
- A Few Good Men: A young lawyer discovers that he can, in fact, handle the truth.
- Mad Max: Leather daddy has trouble finding gas for his car.
- Bourne Ultimatum: It is discovered that a dictionary is a weapon.
I’m doing great. Lots of points. Your turn.