AFTER MANY ILL-FATED ATTEMPTS AT OVERTHROWING EARTH’S HUMAN POPULATION, IT SEEMS THE ROBOT UPRISING HAS TURNED ITS STEELY (HAHAH) (AHAHAHAHAHA) GAZE ELSEWHERE — NAMELY, TOWARDS EARTH’S MUSIC. DO BE ALARMED. ALTHOUGH ROBOTS HAVE NOT TAKEN OVER OUR POPULATION YET, THAT IS NO REASON TO NOT BE CONCERNED THAT MAYBE THEY WILL TAKE OVER OUR MUSIC. REMEMBER DAFT PUNK? MAYBE THEY ARE ROBOTS. ALSO MAYBE KANYE WEST IS A ROBOT? THAT WOULD EXPLAIN A LOT OF THINGS. YOU NEVER KNOW. IN ANY CASE ONE THING WE CAN BE SURE ABOUT IS THAT THIS ROBOT PLAYING DRUMS WITH A MOHAWK IS CERTAINLY A ROBOT PLAYING DRUMS. HIDE! HIDE! HIDE! HIDE!

THOUGH IT IS MAYBE TELLING THAT THIS ROBOT NEEDS FOUR ARMS TO PLAY A RAMONES SONG. IT’S POSSIBLE THAT WE MAY NOT NEED TO BE ON HIGH ALERT YET. STOP HIDING. (Via TastefullyOffensive.)

Comments (26)
  1. Learn to play the guitar, ROBOTS, we already have drum machines.

  2. A robot with a mohawk, huh? Geoff must be branching out.

    #craigferguson4lyfe

    • I went to a taping of Craig Ferguson last year and sat directly in front of Geoff. It was an amazing life moment.

      • Were you on Lesbian Row?

        • And lesbian row has doubled in size with the new studio… once you go craig, you never go back…

        • I was. Not the first time I’ve been typecast as a lesbian #thatswhathappenswhenyouhaveshorthair

          • I AM SO JEALOUS OF THIS. SO JEALOUS. AHHHHHH!!!

            Also, how funny was Craig last night? The answer is very funny. He has the best talk show on TV and whenever Kristin Bell is on, it just gets better.

          • Just to fan the flames of your jealousy, here is proof:

          • How much does he interact with people when the camera is off? It seems like a fair amount. I’m always fascinated by how much some shows are very quick and dry to the point where seeing it filmed and seeing it on TV is the same experience and others are significantly different bc the off camera quips are long and very not safe for network… And since he improvises everything, he would have more?

            Like the ep a few weeks ago they aired when the power went out and they filmed it anyway — not many people could get away with that and he’s quick enough and the format is so informal that it totally worked.

            Plus so many of his guests are noticeably intoxicated so that’s always fun too.

          • He did some audience interaction during “commercials” but I don’t remember much about it. I think it was somebody’s birthday, and he talked to them about it.

            But his show is sooooo different without the censoring. And this may sound weird, but he looks very clean and put together in person, but somehow comes across as disheveled on camera.

          • Yeah, I figured as much. I really really want to go to a taping.
            I met him at a book thing I was covering and he is STRIKINGLY HANDSOME in person and wasn’t really expecting that because, yeah, he does look kind of disheveled on camera. But I think that’s sort of why he does the weird extreme closeups in his monologues… to play that old filthy man character aspect up? Plus we’re all so used to incredibly forced, staged patter that someone who just riffs the whole time and is constantly complaining about being old/gross/filthy adds to it? And I love that when he’s flirting with guests and they’re flirting back, it seems more genuine and less schticky because he’s actually very cute and really charming… and then Geoff chimes in to knock them both down a bit.
            I am a fan of this television program.

      • If you are ever attacked by a short Minnesotan screaming about stealing your memories, there is a 40% chance it’ll be me. The other 60% is Michele Bachmann, cause she’s crazy like that.

  3. I wonder how the drummer for Def Leppard feels about this.

  4. A robot playing The Ramones doesn’t frighten me. Let me know when they invent a robot drummer who can play Keith Moon’s stuff.

  5. I never would have guessed that the conversion rate is 1 robot = 4 Def Leppard drummer. Go figure!

  6. Well, now I’m just going to believe that Kanye is a robot who got implanted with a “hip hop star” personality chip that somehow got damaged and is always operating at 200%.

  7. So I saw Robot & Frank over the weekend and it was great, as I expected, and I really want the robot from the movie, but anyway, the closing credits have basically a highlight reel of “robot uprising” type videos.

  8. wait til it hears Radiohead and starts getting ideas. then we’re in trouble.

  9. Probably the funniest headline I’ve ever read, thanks Kelly. Also, much like Jason Segel in Freaks and Geeks, 4 Armed Mohawk Robot should really take a drum lesson so it can hold the sticks like Buddy Rich did.

  10. My favorite is how people clap for the robot at the end. Like the robot knows he’s getting applause! Nerds are so cute.

  11. This is of course like Chris Cunningham’s monstrous robot drummer (which I guess is real human appendages edited in?)

    http://youtu.be/u1ZGIrNf71Q

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post, reply to, or rate a comment.