I don’t mean to pick at an old scab, but do you guys remember how much you all loved the show Lost? I know you’ve spent the last few years trying to forget — it was an passionate love/hate relationship that definitely ended kind of weird — but I thought you may be interested in hearing about this thing Damon Lindelof said about it at Variety’s Entertainment & Technology Summit:
It’s been two years (since the series wrapped) and we told the story we wanted to tell….I do feel like the world has not seen the end of ‘Lost,’ but I’m not going to have any involvement.
RECORD SCRATCH! SILENCE! EVENTUAL COUGHING!!!! Damon Lindelof feels like the world hasn’t seen the end of a Damon Lindelofless Lost?! BUT, DAMON LINDELOF, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!? Why can’t you ever tell us the full story about anything? Haven’t we already had enough of this confusing garbage from you, Damon Lindelof? Slashfilm points out that ABC owns the rights to Lost and can — and has stated in the past that it may — do whatever it wants with it. So could this mean that Damon Lindelof knows that they have something up their sleeve? And if they do have something up there, WHAT COULD IT BE?
For now all we can do is throw out some educated guesses, so I will go first:
- Lost, but a reality show, and with children instead of adults. Like Kid Nation in every way, but none of the kids know how they got on the island and there are NO gold stars.
- The entire series of Lost back in its old time slot, but in 3D.
- A McSweeney‘s style humor website, but all of the humor pieces — well, they’re not Lost themed, per se, but they each fit into a larger Lost universe.
- Pride and Prejudice With Lost
- A chain of Lost-themed lazer tag arenas.
- Loooost: A TV show set in the mid-2000s about a bunch of teenage girls who get together every week and watch lost.
- You Don’t Know Lost: A “You Don’t Know Jack”-style game show, but all the questions have something to do with Lost.
- Lost Again: The entire series of Lost, filmed with different actors.
- Lost movies.
- A chain of pizza restaurants that have a Lost-themed pizza you can order, but you have to order it 42 minutes in advance.
Ahhhhh, I can’t wait! For all of these things to happen! What do YOU think Damon Lindelof was hinting at? Other than the things I already said? All of which are very good guesses?