Though I have very limited knowledge of Pat Sajak, host of Wheel of Fortune, no one’s favorite show during the Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy CBS rock block that you catch every time you go to the diner or barbershop, one thing I do know is that he’s a reeeaaaal goofball. He floats through every episode of that show like it’s the dumbest thing he’s ever heard of in his life. And isn’t he mean to the contestants? “OOook, Karen, you collect cat figurines? Ooook, Karen.” Isn’t he always like that? Wheel of Fortune, you guys ever seen it? Buy a vowel? Anyway, he seems fun-ish/drunk! From Yahoo:
The 65-year-old, who has hosted Wheel of Fortune since 1981, says he and right-hand woman Vanna White used to go to a local Mexican restaurant in Burbank during their two-and-a-half hour dinner breaks. That break gave the duo more than enough time to knock a couple margaritas back before the night tapings. “Vanna and I would go across and have two or three or six and then come and do the last shows and have trouble recognizing the alphabet. They’re really great tapes to get a hold of,” Sajak said. “I had a great time. I have no idea if the shows were any good, but no one said anything, so I guess I did OK.”
Such a goofball. I do wonder what it’s like to have a high paying job that you can do totally drunk for your whole life. The best? Kind of the worst? Kathie Lee, any thoughts? Do you think Pat Sajak reads a lot of books to keep his brain alive? Or do you think he doesn’t care? Ok, so, this is getting out of hand, here are the rest of questions I want to ask Pat Sajak concerning this anecdote:
- R U serious?
- Do you think being drunk so much is what really cultivated the lackadaisical attitude that has made you a famous Wheel of Fortune host?
- Two and a half hour dinner break? That’s great.
- Did you ever get really sleepy?
- Did you drink that much because you really didn’t care about your job and, if so, how does it feel now that you’ve had that job for like 30 years or whatever?
- Are you sad?
- Or is the job you have not very important to you anyway because you have trillions of dollars and a family and multiple homes in different areas and who even cares?
- How is Vanna White doing?
- Could she keep up with you, with the margaritas?
- Do you still tape new Wheel of Fortune episodes?
- Did you ever think about taking over for Regis on Regis and Kelly?
That’s it, I guess, but I would REALLY like those questions answered. So, thanks! Can’t wait to hear back from you, Pat Sajak!