One time during sophomore year of high school my science teacher brought in dry ice, and some dummy in my class burned his hand on it. We were all pretty much 35-year-olds at the time, so I don’t remember what our teacher was trying to teach us with dry ice, and more importantly I have no idea how someone could’ve been such a dummy to TOUCH the dry ice and injure himself. Ugh. BOYS. “Highschool boys,” right? Just forever the dumbest. Anyway my point is, the kids in this video sound like they’re much younger than we were at that time and it looks like none of them were injured during this very dangerous looking science lesson. So. BRAVO! Unless the cut-outs of the pumpkin flew into some of their faces, disfiguring them for the rest of their lives, and we don’t see it just because the video ends. That may absolutely be the case! It looks like that may be the case. I hope you’re ok, kids! Happy Halloween!


BOOM GOES THE PUMPKINMITE! (Via LaughingSquid.)

Comments (15)
  1. I’m pretty sure the kids were fine and they were equipped with “splash zone” plastic tarps to cover their faces and clothes.

  2. That’s weird. Usually, explosions make it harder to recognize faces.

  3. Wow, that trick was a real treat to watch.

  4. R.I.P. Bill Nye The Science Guy. (I’m sure he’s not actually dead, or he might be. His career sure is though. Ugh movie days in grade school were the best.)

    • Bill Nye came to our university once to speak about4 or 5 years ago. I didn’t attend because I was always more of a Beakman’s World kid but according to my friends who went he just talks about global warming now. He is pretty much Al Gore without any of the prestige or nobel prize.

  5. 20 years later…

  6. “Hey kid, what happened to your face?”

    “Flying pumpkin eyeball chunk.”

  7. Why is that child teaching a science class? Am i really that old now?

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post, reply to, or rate a comment.